-->
Home » » DIY Microwave Popcorn

DIY Microwave Popcorn

Written By Amanda on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 | 10:43 PM


Way cheaper and way healthier- what more can be said?






 Do you know what they put in pre-packaged popcorn?...Neither do I. Milk? Fish? Also, I don't want to be paying an arm and a leg for something I can make myself for a couple cents, and only take a few minutes to prep a bunch for later use.



I typed up the directions for mine (once I found out the perfect time that works for my microwave), and printed them on each bag along with the calories, but you don't have to get all fancy like I did haha. 




Basically, all you need is a brown paper bag, 1/4 cup unpopped kernels, and whatever topping you would like to add.







  

Pour the kernels in a bag, fold the top 1/2" over two or three times (DO NOT staple) and no need to tape, the bag will not open if you fold it over three times. Choose your popcorn setting on the microwave or whatever time you would normally do (you might have to do a couple test runs until you get the perfect timing)







...And Enjoy! 







Here Are my pre-made bags ready to go! You can also reuse the brown paper bags if you want ;D


My daughter enjoying her bowl of her favorite flavor. Olive oil and taco seasoning!


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I have been wanting to do this a while now and saw it pinned and just had to take a look! So much healthier then store bought, and I am good with cheaper too! I love the stamp! Would be cute to gift with some fun toppings inside. Great post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome isn't it! I just posted the same thing the other day! :-) It's my most favorite snack yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe. I can't wait to try this. How much oil do you suggest using or can you pop it sans oil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I found you blog via Pinterest and I LOVE this idea. I am always buying popcorn and my Grandma gave me a HUGE bag of kernels at which I looked at her like she was crazy because I am not into making popcorn on the stove. Now I know I can do it in the microwave just as easy. Is there flavors you would like to share? I am a new follower.
    Love
    Patricia
    www.thettdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I featured this post as part of a DIY Christmas: Food Gift Inspiration post on Our Secondhand House today. I hope you will stop by and check it out. www.oursecondhandhouse.com
    ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love popcorn a lot and found that using a bag works in the microwave also. However, I would strongly suggest that you not reuse the bag!!!! I did reuse a bag once and it started a fire in the microwave!!! So now I have a new over the range microwave that is FRYED!!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS !!!!!!
    would love to do this for our MOPS moms
    where did you find or how did you do the stamp??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I assume you don't put the oil in the bag until it is time to pop, correct?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Online cake delivery in Bangalore

    Step into Chef Bakers’ world, and you’ll find a symphony of flavors that cater to every palate. From classic choices like Black Forest and Red Velvet to exotic options like Mango Passion and Blueberry Bliss, their range of cakes is truly a delightful exploration. Up to Rs.100 OFF on all the cakes.

    Order at https://www.chefbakers.com/bangalore

    ReplyDelete